Saturday 26 May 2012

Procrastination versus Meditation

So who decides whether or not the wisdom of mediation and contemplation is actually as stated or in fact a coincidental and favourable alternative for saving face with friends family and colleagues when you and I both know that you are just putting it off for another time, because you simply cannot be arsed.
Here Kitty Kitty
I must say that it is extraordinarily probable that the truth for me is in fact the latter. My gloriously creative mind, can spend countless hours whiling away in front of the fire with glass of fermented grape juice in hand, pondering and prodding at the myriad of possibilities at hand... I could paint ... I could garden... I could redecorate... All of these are very attractive and satisfying pass-times...And I want dearly to do all of them, but I need first to make a plan, and so in order to do so I might need another glass of that juice.
It is pretty amazing to have the opportunity to sit and plan and manage an idea, to develop it beyond the buzz words that often remain stationary obstacles before us, and to groom and nurture the idea into reality.
People have often commented on how lucky we (Fearless Joe and oneself), are to have enjoyed such an interesting and rich life together, taking chances and not being afraid to go out on a limb (even though we have once or twice hit the dirt hard).
I feel very fortunate to be loved and embraced no matter whether I sit and plan or go out and do. I love that I can run a small business, manage a building project, bake a cake, paint a moment, write a song and turn myself into an Ayurvedic chef all in one day, and if I change my mind- then that's okay, because being creative means constantly changing. The continuous movement of mind, body, heart and soul are a part of the incredible journey of this life.
I have no interest in making plans to be a multi-millionaire, that is already happening in another currency.
Love. Family. Friends. Living soulfully. Abundance.
Feel pleasure in what you do... If you don't love it, then change it...
...now to finish editing my novel (hah!)

No comments:

Post a Comment